- Comments: 10 |
- Votes: 11
Slate about 1M agoThe Boy Scouts of America filed for bankruptcy Tuesday as the century-old institution faces spiraling costs from hundreds of sexual abuse lawsuits. The group's bankruptcy filing in Delaware listed whopping liabilities that ranged between $100 million and $500 million and assets less than $50,000. In response to the deluge of suits, the youth organization that says it currently serves more than 2 million youths began positioning itself for Chapter 11 bankruptcy as far back as Dec. 2018, but the actual filing didn't take place until this week. ... Read more
Results in this view: Y-positive Exp. 11% - Convince Me 33% - N-lost Trust 56%
- 2019 draws to a close: was it a good year for the world?
- 2019 coming to an end: are you optimistic or pessimistic about 2020?
- Elon Musk not guilty of libel for tweet calling cave rescuer 'pedo guy'. ...
- Nikki Haley: Confederate flag stood for service, sacrifice and heritage. ...
- Justice Dept. wants power to detain people without trial during emergency. ...
- Dead UK teen's family demands justice: send US diplomat's wife back or ...